We were lucky enough to be among the first to get a look at the 2019 Suzuki KingQuad lineup at the official unveiling in Charlotte, NC. Suzuki has long been at the forefront of the ATV industry, but after a decade of more or less standing pat, we were excited to see what was under the covers.
This 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi in here, ON is available for a test drive today. Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. is proud to announce the new KingQuad 750 and KingQuad 500 ATVs. Building on Suzuki’s heritage of ATV leadership, these two models feature an array of new improvements that deliver the most powerful, reliable, and capable KingQuad machines that Suzuki has ever built. The new KingQuad 750 and KingQuad 500 are new from the ground up, including a new high-output engine and updated transmission for smooth power and stronger acceleration. A stronger frame and new receiver-type trailer hitch for increased towing capacity. New gas-charged shocks and an updated power-steering system for more control with less rider fatigue. A new handlebar mounted headlight and LED taillight for increased visibility. Plus a new third storage compartment, aggressive new styling complete with cast-aluminum wheels (on select models), and two bold new color options. These all-new KingQuad ATVs will be arriving at Suzuki dealerships beginning in June. The compact crossover market is hotter than ever, so it’s the perfect time to debut the fully redesigned 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi. This smaller, lighter puts a premium on fuel efficiency, safety and connectivity. Too bad it carries a premium price tag to match. In this video, we highlight the key features that matter most.
Key Features 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi
As the inventor of four-wheel ATVs and innovator of the sports-utility class, Suzuki engineers took the opportunity to extensively update key areas of the KingQuad as the new body design was developed. Each change was carefully executed to preserve the nature of the beloved and iconic KingQuad:
- The KingQuad’s engine tuning was refined to produce a strong and smooth power curve with a slight bump in peak power (750 model).
- Oil-jet cooling on the underside of the piston along with high oil pump output is added to the KingQuad 750’s engine.
- Tuning of the QuadmaticTM CVT transmission was changed to strengthen and smooth acceleration from a stop and to raise RPM during engine braking to help the rider better control downhill riding (750 model).
- Every 750 and 500 KingQuad model is EPA emissions complaint, including new California models eligible for Green-sticker off-road registration.
- The KingQuad 750 and 500 models have a new frame with thicker main tubes and redesigned rear suspension brackets that boost the towing capacity 33 percent to 1,322 pounds.
- The stronger frame is supported by new front and rear gas-charged shock absorbers that are with new valving to improve the ride and work capacity of the chassis.
- The rear stabilizer bar is increased in diameter and connects to the lower a-arms via a more complaint bushing to help control body movement and deliver a smooth ride.
- The front and rear brakes have been updated to perform better and provide better feedback to the rider.
- The steering alignment is calibrated to create a “natural handling characteristic” to ease rider effort and improve maneuverability.
- The electronic power steering module has over 30 percent higher output to significantly reduce steering effort and to damp jolts to the rider.
- A new handlebar-mounted headlight is added, which illuminates the trail where the steering is pointed, and is controlled separately from the dual headlights in the ATV’s front grille. A new, low-draw LED taillight is also added.
- The new multi-function dash panel is easier to read with a fresh format and fonts. A new service reminder feature can be programed for mileage or running time intervals.
- Standard on the 750 and 500 Power Steering SE and SE+ models are new, lightweight, cast-aluminum wheels that bring a stunning new design to ATVs. These wheels are also an option on the other KingQuad 750 and 500 models.
- Several new Suzuki Genuine Accessories will be available for the new KingQuad, including items like a quick-release plow blade, heavy-duty bumper set and more.
The KingQuad 500AXi is not just a new ATV, it’s a new KingQuad ATV. Suzuki, the inventor of the 4-wheel ATV, took the world’s best sports-utility quad and made it better and more capable than ever. The new edgy and dynamic bodywork surrounds an impressive list of updates to the KingQuad. The KingQuad’s chassis, based around a stronger new frame, helps this ATV tackle just about any riding terrain while being able to help you with any chore thanks to a boosted towing capacity of 1332 pounds. Steering a KingQuad has never been easier with recalibrated front end geometry. The fully-independent suspension is fitted with new, gas-charged shocks that are pre-load adjustable to match the spring rate to the cargo load. A new, beefier stabilizer bar with more compliant bushings helps control chassis movement while the 25-inch Carlisle tires deliver excellent grip. All the other great KingQuad features and innovations are packed into each one we build in our Rome, Georgia manufacturing plant. The legacy of the iconic KingQuad has a new and exciting chapter and is ready for you to join the narrative.
Engine Features 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi
- The powerful 493 cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine has revised tuning to produce a wide powerband with strong top-end power
- Its cylinder is canted forward for a low center of gravity, resulting in reduced engine height and lower seat height. The engine also features a balancer shaft for smooth operation
- The compact 4-valve cylinder head has large intake valves and straight intake ports for superb cylinder charging efficiency
- A lightweight aluminum cylinder uses SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) coating for excellent heat transfer and ring sealing, resulting in superb combustion chamber efficiency
- Advanced Suzuki Fuel Injection improves throttle response and fuel efficiency while delivering power consistently across the full rev-range, and improves engine starting in all conditions
- The new KingQuad easily achieves US emissions compliance, including California models that conform to the state’s stringent evaporative emissions standard (eligible for green sticker registration)
- High-capacity aluminum radiator with large diameter, thermostatically controlled cooling fan provides stable engine operating temperature
Key Features 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi
- All-new styling & bodywork design
- Increased towing capacity (up to 1322 lbs.) and easier to ride on any terrain, stronger frame, new shock absorbers and stabilizer bar, refined brake, easier control via updated steering calibration
- Stronger and smoother acceleration, enhanced engine braking, full emissions compliance
- New fender- and handlebar-mounted lights, and new low-draw LED taillight, new LED dash is easier to read with service reminders, fender-mounted power outlet
Transmission Features 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi
- The Quadmatic™ CVT-type automatic transmission provides versatility and convenience with a fender-mounted gate-type shifter for high/low range selection. Its advanced engine-braking system minimizes free-wheeling with the throttle off and helps control the vehicle during steep descents
- A compact torque-sensing limited-slip front differential offers potent traction plus light steering. A differential-lock system provides serious 4WD traction
- Handlebar-mounted push-button controls permit easy selection between 2WD, 4WD and differential-lock 4WD. An override button on the left handlebar can be used to override the normal speed limiter when stuck in the mud
Utility/Convenience Features 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi
- The new 35W handlebar-mounted headlight illuminates the trail in the direction you are steering the ATV. Dual 35W headlights (with high and low settings) are part of the new, distinctive KingQuad bodywork
- A new, low-draw and bright LED tail light helps make the ATV visible in dark conditions while conserving power
- A new receiver-type trailer hitch mount makes it easy to select the type of equipment you want to move with the KingQuad’s higher towing capacity (up to 1322 lbs.)
- Winch-ready mounts and wire conduit make winch installation simple
- A new, fully redesigned multi-function instrument panel has improved appearance and visibility and provides service reminders based on running time or mileage. The instrumentation includes LCD readouts for speedometer, odometer, twin tripmeter, hour meter, clock, fuel level, driving range and drive mode. LED indicators for high, low, neutral, reverse and 2WD/4WD and differential-locked 4WD. LED cautions for fuel injection and engine temperature
- High-output, 3-phase charging system feeds an 18-amp maintenance-free battery for abundant power for easy starting and accessory use. A sealed 12V accessory outlet is standard
- The large 4.6 gallon (17.5 L) fuel tank is positioned for a low center of gravity. It includes a vacuum-operated petcock and a ratchet-style filler cap (which prevents overtightening so it can be easily unscrewed for refilling)
- A new, large 4.0 liter storage compartment is centrally added to the rear of the ATV adjacent to the existing 4.0 liter left-side compartment to increase cargo capacity. The 2.8 liter water resistant front storage compartment includes an easy access screw-on cap
- The rugged steel-tube cargo racks have wrinkle paint finish for durability and scratch resistance
- Full floorboards with integrated raised footpegs provide protection
- A variety of Suzuki Genuine Accessories are available, including winches, windshield, front and rear bumpers, a new quick-release snow plow, aluminum skid pans, rack extensions, utility box and more
- Minimum Operator Age: 16 Years Old
The KingQuad 500AXi Power Steering SE is not just a new ATV, it’s a new KingQuad ATV. Suzuki, the inventor of the 4-wheel ATV, took the world’s best sports-utility quad and made it better and more capable than ever. The new edgy and dynamic bodywork surrounds an impressive list of updates to the KingQuad. The KingQuad’s chassis, based around a stronger new frame, helps this ATV tackle just about any riding terrain while being able to help you with any chore thanks to a boosted towing capacity of 1332 pounds. Steering a KingQuad has never been easier with a new, higher output Electronic Power Steering system and recalibrated front end geometry. The fully-independent suspension is fitted with new, gas-charged shocks that are pre-load adjustable to match the spring rate to the cargo load. A new, beefier stabilizer bar with more compliant bushings helps control chassis movement while new, cast-aluminum wheels shod with 25-inch Carlisle tires deliver excellent grip. All the other great KingQuad features and innovations are packed into each one we build in our Rome, Georgia manufacturing plant. The legacy of the iconic KingQuad has a new and exciting chapter and is ready for you to join the narrative. Get expert advice on buying a 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi. Research current prices and the latest discounts and lease deals. Browse key features and get inside tips on choosing the right style for you. Use our calculator to get an estimated loan or lease payment based on current offers in your area. 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi Custom Release Date and MSRP. We’re slowly learning more and more about the 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi lineup, and each piece of new information is making us all very excited here. Features and specs for the 2019 Suzuki King Quad 500 Axi, including fuel economy, transmission, warranty, engine type, cylinders, drivetrain and more.